How to wear bodysuit with leggings
Bodysuits are one piece garment that looks like a swimsuit. It is a one-piece form-fitting or body-hugging garment that covers the top and combined with seamless panty or shorts. Although they are similar to leotards or one piece swimwear, bodysuits are usually more seen in daily outfits or worn as a shaping garment. They are a highly versatile trend but it can be rather confusing on how you can style it with. A bodysuit can be worn as a stand-alone top with high waisted denim and full or A-line skirts. It can also be layered under an outfit to keep you looking sleek, sculpted help keep the top in place. Besides that, a bodysuit also offer ultra-slimming effect that wraps the figure to flaunt a gorgeous shape. There is a variety of sculpting bodysuits with different compression levels to contour the body and conform to the body curves.
Do you know that you can also wear a pair of leggings with a bodysuit? Leggings are a wardrobe staple that many cannot live without. One of the best activewear for women, there is nothing as comfortable and versatile as leggings, whether for lounging at home or going to the gym. Many celebrities such as Alessandra Ambroisio and Jennifer Lopez have taken to wearing a bodysuit and leggings when heading out to the gym. By adding on a pair of sneakers or perhaps a sweatshirt tied around the waist and you have yourself an athleisure outfit that you can wear for a grocery run or errands.
Bodysuit with leggings has now become one of the new go-to gear for exercising. Here is a bit of a flashback to the past. Do you remember what Olivia Newton-John wore in the “Let’s Get Physical” video? It was a bodysuit with leggings and that was the trend for most fitness instructors in the ’80s. Fast forward to today, you can find options that come in more neutral colors as well as different styles, from long sleeves to tanks and long leggings. This means that you can find one that works best for your body and your exercise routine.
Benefits of wearing a bodysuit
- Bodysuits are easy. Just simply throw it on with a pair of leggings and a plus size waist trainer, you are all set for some rigorous workout.
- Create a foundation. They provide a smooth layer that can be worn under a cardigan or jacket.
- Define the waist. A smooth layer of a bodysuit offers shape, definition, and proportion that boxy and oversized tops do not. It can contour the body curves and gives you a sleeker silhouette.
- No Tucking In. A bodysuit keeps everything tucked in neatly for hours. There is no need to fuss with full tuck, front tuck or half tuck at all.
- Camouflage problem areas. Bodysuits can actually hide muffin tops and not highlight them. Wear it on its own with high-waisted pants or jeans, and it can smooth rolls.
- Shaping. Bodysuits can come with or without built-in shaping effects. This tummy control shapewear can offer support to the stomach, back, bust, upper thighs, or even the derriere.
*This article is a guest post.